Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Fishing if Life and Fishing is Dying... 2 Years Later

In September 2009, I traveled to Icapuí and Praia de Redonda in northeastern Brazil to produce an audio piece about life there. Along with nine other journalism students, we formed the Florida FlyIns- a group of UF journalists whom travel to country in Latin America for about a week to gather stories and take pictures, and at the end of the semester prepare a gallery to exhibit all the work. 

I spent all day, everyday with a man named Eliseus da Sousa and his son Elisiel. These ten days in Brazil resulted in this audio piece, but more importantly, these ten days in Brazil changed my life. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
En setiembre del 2009, viajé a Icapuí y Praia de Redonda, en el noreste de Brasil, para producir un relato sobre la vida allí. Junto con nueve estudiantes de periodismo, formamos los FlyIns Florida- un grupo de periodistas de UF que viajan a países de América Latina por una semana, y al final del semestre, preparan una galería para exhibir sus trabajos.

Pasaba todos los días, todo el día, 
con un hombre que se llama Eliseus da Sousa y su hijo Elisiel. Esos diez días en Brasil resultaron en este cuento, pero lo que es más importante es que estos diez días en Brasil cambiaron mi vida.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked these stories in your blog I found them useful for little students and I would like to tell you that I have also started my blog but the subject is different Spanish my life I have to tell I have a community in my city that we call a story club there we daily tell experiences and stories and I found your stories useful. Now these days we do not conduct our club because of COVID-19 but we do that online all members come online and share them. And I would like to say thank you so much for writing such stories and to spread knowledge. Really appreciated.

    ReplyDelete