Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What I'll Miss: CMIR and Weimer


Independent study group with Dean Wright
in the CMIR lab.


When I first heard of "Weimer," the name of the building for the College of Journalism and Communications, my first thoughts were that the name was a little funny. Little did I know that I would be spending most of my college times in weirdly-named place.                      

Weimer and I have had long, studious nights together. Weimer has seen the best and worst of me. And now that I'm heading off to graduate school to get my Masters' in International Business, I know I will miss Weimer. 
The College of Journalism and Communication has given me so much. I've learned so much from its professors. Never had I thought that I would be able to work with such amazing technology and equipment. WUFT has a full-fledged television studio, comparable to any local news station.

WUFT camera.
The CMIR Lab is one of the most interesting, new marvels held within the walls of Weimer hall. It's called the Center for Media Innovation and Research. Designed for all majors in the college, this news lab is the epitome of synergy. As the website says, the lab "will push the limits of digital media, providing an outlet for student and faculty projects that tell stories in new ways."

Because the lab opened this year, I have not gotten a chance to work in it as much as I would like to. I know this will be a tremendous resource for other students in the future. This is one of the many perks to studying in one of the best schools for journalism in the country. I will definitely miss my life as a Weimer girl.

                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment