Sunday, December 5, 2010

No computer... what to do?

So, my computer crashed today.
I'm sending it in to get it fixed, but who knows what's going to happen. It's like the Apple doctor is going to diagnose my sick baby. Hope it's not fatal...
It makes me realize how dependent I am on that 13-inch piece of white plastic. I know its just a material object and I shouldn't be worried, but I really do base my life around my computer! I mean, with skype, word, facebook, email, everything. My college success, and therefore life success, depends on a functional computer.

This is what my computer is doing. A folder with a question mark? :(
(Luckily, I am now using one of the computers at school. I know I cheated.)
Actually I happened to watch a very interesting story today on CNN called Exploring the anti-social side of social media which made me realize it's not that bad.
The story's about social media isolation, and how our dependence on technology and social media can become our biggest nightmare. An artist in Oregon conducted a personal experiment in which she spent 30 days locked in a room only with computers!
Imagine replacing your friends, your family, oxygen, trees, your bed, your dog... with your computer.
I'd rather be computer-less!

1 comment:

  1. I could never be so close to technology for so long, like the artist. Sometimes I realize my computer is in my bed when I go to sleep, and I practically throw it out of bed because I am so disgusted with it by the end of the day. haha

    ReplyDelete